The head of the Ministry of Tourism, Miguel Torruco Marqués, referendum on the commitment of President Andrés Manuel López to put Acapulco back on its feet, after this tourist hub was devastated on October 25 by Hurricane Otis.
Regarding the president’s promise to open Acapulco in December, Secretary Torruco commented: “yes, there is a commitment to put at least 500 rooms by December and we are going to intensify the work so that there are 3,000 to 3,500 in the Tourist Tianguis,” he stressed.
Join the El Sol de México channel on WhatsApp so you don’t miss the most important information
He said that last week he was at the London Tourism Fair and “we have already secured” the attendance of high-level tour operators and “they are practically going to pull the rest,” he said.
Likewise, he said that he has just had two meetings with the organizing committee of the Tianguis Turístico and with service providers so that said event can take place in April of next year.
“In Acapulco we had two meetings: one with the Tianguis Organizing Committee to see the progress and the other with service providers to see how the evolution of the 3 thousand rooms that we need for the tianguis is going,” Secretary Torruco Marqués explained shortly. interview, after accompanying the President of the Republic at the Ceremony for the Anniversary of the Mexican Revolution.
➡️ Subscribe to our Newsletter and receive the most relevant notes in your email
The official insisted that the Tourist Tianguis will take place on the estimated date and there is progress towards it. In addition, he indicated that this week a follow-up meeting will be held with the president to see the progress in the reconstruction of Acapulco. He added that, for his part, he will continue to go to the Port to fulfill the objective of launching the Tianguis and making it an “excellent” event, he concluded.